Update | New Location | Behind the scene photos of old outings | Future of this blog

8:25 pm

Its been over 2 years since my last post on this blog. A lot has changed and I have moved to a new destination.

BAHRAIN

Why no post since July 2017: 

We (MAC team) were in Endau Rompin National Park ( July 2016) and it was our last night when my trusted Tamron 90mm focus mechanism got spoiled. I thought it was my camera which got spoiled and I stopped shooting altogether even after coming back to Singapore but I still use to meet the team and go out on shoots. Anyone who knows me well knows that bugs, plants and animal are my biggest stress buster. This was also the year when I was going through a lot of Anxiety issues, struggling financially, fighting hard for my rights in my workplace, paying my debts and trying to be happy. I tried to be a bit innovative to find the solution for the Tamron 90mm focus mechanism by looking it up on the web and I ended up dissecting the lens myself letting go of any hope to repair it. By this time I was so depressed that I had stopped posting the photos on my page, Instagram or on the blog for a long time.


                                      Team MAC - we are missing Lenz

Then I bought a new camera (Canon 80D) and I bought the Canon 100mm lens from  Amber. I started shooting regularly but not posting as I was not happy with the results. I kept complaining about something or the other to not post, sometimes it was time then it was light etc and the Anxiety kicked in. I remember everyone in my macro gang use to ask why I don't post but I had become a pessimist and I didn't enjoy posting and discussing. This continued till most of 2017 while all this was happening we got blessed with a baby girl in October 2017, I got bitten by Wagler Pit Viper (Photos below), went Macroing in formals etc and the same for early 2018 then came the time to move. I moved out of Singapore in March 2018 and landed in Bahrain. some #behindthescene shots from 2017 and early 2018. 


Macro in Formals

Snakebite




went to KL to shoot

went to Bukit Tinggi - Colmar

Had Durians with the team

Trying to look cool in front of the master

Lenz Lim - Check him out

went overnight camping at Pulau Ubin

Campsite for the night

And I was also the chef for the night at Pulau Ubin
Though I had lived in Bahrain before it still felt very new. The excitement kicked in and I was happy for the first 6 months (within this time I made a lot of new friends and bought a lot of gear for my photography) and I started to go out shooting but this time it was birds (Macro scene here is still new and there are very less macro photographers). Even though Bahrain gets more than 300 different species of migratory birds in a year but spotting those is a very difficult task. The birding here happens in the comfort of your car. 

some bird shots below: 
     
#Socotra Cormorant
                                         
#Mallard Ducks
                                     


#Glossy Ibis

#Grey Hypocolius

#Swamphen

I have slowly started to move towards doing Macro photography in Bahrain and I have asked a lot of people to join me to shoot together. you know more eyes more finds. 

Few Macro shots were taken in Bahrain:


Crab Spider

Butterfly

Crimson Moth

Ladybird Larva

Plant Hopper

Painted Lady butterfly

Weevil - ID help please if you know

SAC or a huntsman Spider - ID help, please

Caterpillar - ID help, please

Caterpillar - ID help, please

Green Stink bug

Green Stink bug

Future of this blog: 

why I am posting this update is because I want to get back to shooting regularly and posting the same on my blog. I love to document the wildlife around me and I want to keep the record of the same through my blog. I want to share my find with you all and create this blog into a small database of photos. So if you are still following and reading my blog, I will continue to post my old photos from Singapore and Malaysia as well as whatever I shoot here in Bahrain and new things I learnt or will learn in terms of editing workflow etc. 













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts